The Walk "Walking in the Light"March 25th
In this series we are exploring the 3 ways Paul instructs Christian to walk in Ephesians 5:3-21. Over the past two weeks (last week and this week) Paul has instructed us to walk in the light. We see six ways in which we are to do this.
1. Keep your heart from idols (3-5): The true root of all sin, from immorality to greed, is a heart that worships something other then God. We should identify our idols and break them down (2 Kings 23:14)!
2. Practice thanksgiving (4): We are to keep our mouths from spewing that which fowl and bring attention to ourselves and rather pour out thanksgiving to the God we worship.
3. Remember God's wrath against sin (5-7):When we remember God will eternally punish people for sin, and that it is that same sin that put our savior on the cross, how could we continue to live in it or find it funny in any way?
4.Understand and live out your new identity (8-9): We were one darkness, but now through Christ we are children of light and are to walk in the light.
5. Seek to please the Lord first (10): It is easy to seek to please friends, family, bosses, complainers or ourselves, but when we remember that ultimately we serve the Lord it will completely change the way we live our every day lives.
6. Shine light on darkness (11-14): God has brought us into the the light of Christ. This should cause us to shine light on our own sin, to come along side believers trapped in sin and gently correct them, and to live as a testimony before unbelievers so that they will come into God's light as well.