bookmark this page and follow our instagram and facebook so you can always check back on what's happening in YOCF!
Dear MSM Parents,
Welcome to our May Newsletter! In the beginning of each month we send out all the information that is going on within YOCF. Make sure to stay connected to our instagram @yoyoyocf for updates! Check out down below our plans for the coming weeks and the ways we will be connecting with each other, daily, weekly, and upcoming events!
Our Middle School students meet together during our second service. They will start over in the main service for the first set of worship, but will head on out at the end to the youth room for their own message. Our teaching lines up with the same passages that are being taught in the main service, which is the book of Matthew. On Communion Sunday (4th Sunday of the month) we do not have youth group & we encourage families to sit and enjoy Communion together. On Communion Sunday this month is Promotion Sunday! All kids from 1st grade and up will be in service for us to honor our promoting classes!
Wednesday night youth group starts at 6pm with games followed by a message, small group time, and wrap up at 7:30pm! Make sure to look at our calendar for this month for what each Wednesday night will look like. Our last Wednesday night will be May 17th, and we will be having an all youth worship night May 24th from 6pm-8pm!
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6).
With Much Love,
Sunday Morning Youth Group
Every Sunday morning during the 10:45am service we will have a youth service during the teaching portion of the service. Middle school students will start in the main service through the first set of worship. Once worship ends and during announcements they will come over to the youth room for their own teaching of the same series. We are currently going through Matthew.
On the 4th Sunday of the month is Communion Sunday meaning no YOCF
Wednesday Night Youth Group
Every Wednesday night we have our mid-week youth group program at 6pm at OCF. We will start off with games followed by a message, break off into small groups, and pick up is at 7:30pm.
May 17th will be our last MSM Wednesday Night
May 24th we will be having an all youth worship night at OCF
VBS Volunteer Registration & Meeting
If your student is interested in volunteering for VBS this summer signups are open! You must signup by June 1st to volunteer. There is a volunteer meeting on June 4th from 5pm-6pm at OCF.
VBS will be taking place July 24th-28th from 5-7:30pm
Please register your student if they are volunteering here!
Hume Lake Waitlist
We are completely full for camp this year! However, if your student is not signed up and still wants a chance to join us up at camp this year, then sign up for our waitlist!
Of the 24 hours - the 1,440 minutes - available to us each day, parents actually spend very little time with their children. Remember, all we have is right now. So, how about you? What does how you spend your time say about your priorities? Do you need a little help getting your priorities straight? Here are five ways you can reprioritize your life:
1. Ruthlessly Eliminate Stress. No one can get their priorities straight if they're constantly living "under the gun." If there's so much stress in your life that you're finding it difficult to keep your priorities in order, lighten your load first - and now!
2. Make Daily Solitude a Priority. Don't let guilt make you feel like you're "avoiding your family" for taking time for yourself each day. It's a must, even if it's just 15 minutes in the morning for "quiet time" with the Lord. No one will miss you if you "take 5" for yourself every now and then.
3. Develop a "Blank Slate" Approach. Begin and end each day with no agenda. Come before the Lord with open arms, hands, and an open mind and heart each morning. Let Him set your day in motion and then give everything back to Him at the end of each day - all your worries, cares, successes, failures. Exchange them for a good night's sleep. (See Psalm 91:1.)
4. Give Your Family Your Best, Not Just Your "Emotional Leftovers." It may be noble to "give your all" at work. But what does that leave for your spouse and kids? Not much? Not good! Your family deserves the best you have to offer. They need you healthy, rested, happy, or perhaps more importantly, content. Don't just leave "table scraps" from your heart for them. Give them the main course. Then, watch how your priorities change by themselves!
5. Don't Wait. This is your life and these should be your priorities. If you're waiting for someone else to come alongside you and tell you how to live your life, you're in for a long wait. The time to make the changes is now—so get to it!
Reprioritizing your life doesn't have to be difficult. But, if you're like most of us, it does need to be done every now and then. And, with God's help, you can do it!