Dear MSM Parents,
Welcome to our October Newsletter! In the beginning of each month we send out all the information that is going on within YOCF. We are stoked to be partnering with you and your family this school year. Make sure to stay connected to our instagram @yoyoyocf for updates! Check out down below our plans for the coming weeks and the ways we will be connecting with each other, daily, weekly, and upcoming events!
We are back to our regular program of our Middle School students meeting together during our second service. They will start over in the main service for the first set of worship, but will head on out at the end to the youth room for their own message. We follow along with the same teaching series and will be diving into Philippians with the rest of church. On Communion Sunday (4th Sunday of the month) we do not have youth group & we encourage families to sit and enjoy Communion together.
Our mid-week youth program is still happening every Wednesday night from 6pm-7:30pm at OCF in our youth room. We do games, message, and small group time! It is a great opportunity to connect with other students and learn more about God.
Being able to partner with you is a blessing to our ministry, this month let us be reminded and encourage that we have a God who hears our prayers, "When the righteous cry out for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of their troubles" (Psalm 34:17).
With Much Love,
WEDNESDAY NIGHT MIDDLE SCHOOL!
Every Wednesday night we have out mid-week YOCF for Middle School at 6pm-7:30pm! Come for games, teaching, & small group time!
This month our teaching we will be starting a new series, Into The Unknown. We will be unpacking how we can trust God in the unknown and be confident amidst change.
IN PERSON YOUTH SERVICE 10:45AM SERVICE
Every Sunday morning during the 10:45am service we will have a youth service during the teaching portion of the service. Students will start in the main service through the first set of worship. Once worship ends and during announcements they will come over to the youth room for their own teaching & youth fellowship experience. We will be going through Philippians like the main service!
On the 4th Sunday of the Month is Communion Sunday & we do not meet
Every week in the Prayer Room at OCF on Wednesday's come join for the boys Bible Study at 4:30!
Email [email protected] for questions
Families are in need of more calm and less stress! The breathless pace we're living in is tearing families apart. Still, there is something that can be done about the stress you and your family experiences. A lot of stress can be removed if you make the tough choices necessary to gain control over your schedule.
Here are 5 choices you can make to help eliminate the stress in your life:
1. Create a Calm Environment at Home. Make your home a safe, calm haven from the madness going on in the outside world. Try not to overreact to circumstances of home life. Sure, many issues need to be addressed, but when you get angry or frustrated, overreactions are common and family stress levels rise. Look to cool down before you respond to such situations.
2. Refresh Your Spirit. Make time for God everyday. Reading a daily devotional each day is a great way to refresh your spirit in the presence of God. Encourage your family to do the same. Consider a regular family devotional time.
3. Renew Your Body. To eliminate stress, we need to be people who reflect balance in our physical lives. Everyone in your family needs plenty of rest, exercise, and a healthy diet.
4. Strengthen Family Relationships. Our families provide us with relational connections that will sustain us through both good times and bad. Strained or broken family relationships are naturally accompanied by stress. To eliminate stress, take the lead with your family to make sure your relationships become and stay healthy.
5. Roll with the Punches. No family is exempt from difficulties in life. Some are brief "moments" while others are "seasons." How we respond to the hard times is a determining factor of whether or not stress will wreak havoc with our family. Stay flexible when the tough times happen and your family will still be standing when those times have passed.
In the end, your family's stress levels have a lot to do with your own choices. You can choose to let busyness, over-commitment, and hard times take their toll on your family, or you can proactively make choices to lower the stress your family experiences. Begin today by making choices to ruthlessly eliminate stress in your home!