It's hard to believe that we have entered the final two months of 2019. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and a brand new year are upon us.
As you know, schedules become packed with all sorts of different things at school, home, church, work, etc...
Please use this newsletter to help you remember all we have planned for families as we wrap up the new year.
Make sure not to lose sight of taking care of yourself in the midst of the hustle and bustle of the holidays. Leave room for self-care. Leave room for your husband/wife/children. Leave room for Jesus.
Here to support you,
FAMILY CALENDAR 2019-2020
Click here for the family calendar.
Print this out and put it somewhere to help you keep up with the upcoming year's calendar of events. Copies can also be picked up at church.
The B.I.G. Idea Calendar: (date/lesson)
November 6th -- Deborah Calls for Courage
November 13th -- Gideon's Hiding Place
November 20th -- **Thanksgiving Meal/Service**
(Church-wide meal in the fellowship hall)
(Church-wide service in the sanctuary)
November 27th -- **No programs**
December 4th -- The Strongest Man Fails the Test
December 11th -- **Kids Program, Jesus Birthday Party**
(Program begins in the sanctuary)
(Bday party is in the fellowship hall)
MISSIONS EMPHASIS FOR NOVEMBER/DECEMBER: Chase Corner Ministries
Throughout the months of November and December, we will be collecting tooth brushes and tooth paste to support CCM. To learn more about CCM, click here.
Nov 23rd (Saturday), 10:00-11:30am
Family Advent Party in the FH
**This is our annual family gathering where we learn about the meaning of advent through games, arts and crafts, and more!**
Sign up in the Welcome Center or email John at [email protected] if you are able to attend.
Sunday night Bible study and small groups
November 3rd -- Whitewashed Tombs (Matt. 23)
November 10th -- The Great Commission (Matt. 28)
November 17th -- Communicating in Love (1 Cor. 13)
November 24th -- **No youth**
Sunday Nights in December
We will not have youth on Sunday nights in December (except for our Youth Christmas Party--see details below)
December 1st -- Hanging of the Greens Service (6pm)
December 8th -- Adult Choir Program
December 15th -- **Youth Christmas Party**
6pm in the Youth Basement (details TBA)
December 22nd -- **No youth**
December 29th -- **No youth**
It's recorded in Matthew's Gospel, (Matthew 10:8) that Jesus said, "Freely you have received; freely give." Though our lives may not always be everything we hope for them to be, God has richly blessed each one of us. One of the ways we can demonstrate that we are grateful to God for his many blessings is to help others.
Christmastime provides an opportunity for your family to roll up your sleeves and get involved in helping to meet the needs of others in your community -- showing them the light and love of Christ. Here are some family ideas for reaching out and helping others during the Christmas season:
1. Donate your family's time to help out at a food kitchen or a food bank.
2. Take your family to visit someone you know who lives at a nursing home, who lives alone, or is confined at home because of poor health.
3. Invite neighbors who don't have plans to join your family for Christmas dinner.
4. Provide some (or all) of the Christmas dinner groceries for a needy family in your community. Take the family along to make the delivery.
5. Have your family gather winter clothes and coats that don't fit any longer, or are no longer wanted or needed -- and distribute them to homeless people in your area -- or deliver them to a local shelter.
6. Make some bag lunches and take your family into the community to distribute them to homeless people in your area. (Make sure ahead of time that your local authorities allow this type of distribution.)
7. Make more Christmas treats than you need for your holiday meals. As a family, deliver extras to the neighbors or to a needy family in your area.
8. Find an elderly person in your area that could use some help at the grocery store. Better yet, invite them to your home for a special holiday meal.
9. Find a family in your area that could use some help to take care of fall yard cleanup, basic repair or weatherization around their home. Buy the needed materials and get to work as a family!
10. Invite a neighbor's family over to your home for a simple, fun family game night.