School is back in session! The beginning of a new school year can bring excitement, anxiety, pressure and a rush to get a lot of last minute things done. So take a deep breathe, relax a little and know that this too shall pass.
We had a great Parents Meeting on Sunday, August 11 and we covered a whole lot of material. Below you will find the goal of our student ministry, information about our three weekly events and the 5 things that every student needs from their parents:
Our goal as a student ministry is for every student to become a fully devoted follower of Jesus.
So we have three weekly events that help students grow in their faith.
1. Wednesday Nights - This is our weekly outreach event and our goal to provide a fun place for students to come to (and invite their friends to come to) where they can hear about God's plan for their lives.
2. Sunday Mornings - This is our weekly discipleship event and our goal is to provide a place for students to dig deeper into God's Word. Our students break up into small groups where they read and discuss God's Word.
3. Sunday Nights - This is our weekly fellowship event and our goal is to provide a time where students can take a break from the craziness of life and hang out with each other. Sometimes we will meet at the church and others times we will meet off campus. You can find out where we will be below and through our social media sites.
5 things that every student needs from their parents.
1. They need a parent, not an adult friend
2. They need a champion
3. They need a teacher
4. They need a financial advisor
5. They need a spiritual leader
If you missed the Parents Meeting, don't worry we plan to have another one soon. And remember that we are here to come alongside you and help you in any way we can so please feel free to contact Pastor Lonnie.
email: [email protected]