TIPS FOR PARTNERING WITH REAL LEADERS
While a parent is the most important influence, the truth is students (and their parents) simply need other adults supporting them and speaking truth into their lives. Real leaders are already leaning in and investing in your students every week. In order to maximize their influence, here are a few tips to partnering with them:
• COMMUNICATION | Ask leaders what their preferred mode of communication is (text, email, etc.) and use it! If you have concerns or questions about your child or the phase they are in, reach out!
• TRUST | Build trust with leaders by getting to know them. Get coffee or have them over for dinner.
• HELP | Offer to host a hangout. Grab some snacks and open your home to your kids and their group. You’ll get to know the other students and friends in their group better and support their leaders at the same time.
• SAY THANK YOU | Being a Real leader is a huge commitment. And it doesn’t exactly pay well, ha! Saying thank you with a note or a gift card will go a lot further than you think!
• BE AN ENCOURAGER | Be a leaders biggest supporter, encourager, and cheerleader. Typing a quick text will let them know you believe in them and want to be there for them.
• PRAY | Leaders wants to make a big impact in your students life and their friends. But just like parenting, it’s not always easy or intuitive. Pray for them, that they will have wisdom to say and do the right things, and that they will be able to build a relationship with each student.